Project cost: £46,000
AP Mitchell was appointed by Equans in late 2022 to undertake mechanical and electrical engineering works at St Maria Goretti Catholic Academy. This project involved upgrading the equipment located within the Academy boiler room. Our works at the site involved the following installations:
● Boilers – Supplied and installed 2 No. Broag Remeha Quinta Ace 115 wall hung boilers within the G56 ground floor boiler room, complete with a Remeha cascade kit, Remeha low loss header and 2 No. Grundfos UPML 25-105 shunt pumps.
● Flue – Sigram Flue Systems Ltd supplied and installed a new custom MF tin wall stainless steel boiler flue, combining the 2 No. Broag Quinta Ace 115 boilers into a common flue header. This flue runs 2 metres within the boiler room to the chimney, before rising approximately 6 metres within the chimney to terminate above the
top of the stack. Complete with top plate.
● Water Cylinder – Supplied and installed 1 No. ACV 420 Smart unvented floor standing water cylinder within G56 boiler room.
● BMS – Modifications were made to the existing BMS to accommodate the new boilers and water cylinder. 2 No. electrothermal links were installed, serving each of the 2 No. new boilers. These electrothermal links were connected to the existing gas solenoid and fire alarm system within the boiler room.
● Electrical services – Modifications were made to the existing electrical services within the G56 boiler room. The existing supply within the boiler room has been retained but is used to serve the new Quinta Ace 115 boilers.
● Hot water distribution pipework – The existing LTHW and HWS pipework throughout the Academy has been retained and was connected to the new boilers and water cylinder.
● Flushing and dosing - Upon completion the boiler system was dosed with 13L BOSS premium metal corrosion and scale inhibitor and flushed.
Contact AP Mitchell today to discuss your building services or facilities management requirements with our experienced team.